21 September 2020
Plant Novelties Competition 2020
Please, feel invited to participate in the Plant Novelties Competition, organized as part of GREEN IS LIFE & FLOWER EXPO POLAND ONLINE!
This competition is aimed at any and all companies which want to popularize and promote their plants – breeders and nurserymen introducing new varieties to the market.
The objective of the competition is to broadly promote new interesting trees, shrubs, climbers, and perennials which have huge commercial potential. This year, the plants will be once again assessed by an international jury. As part of the promotion of the plants submitted to the competition, the winner will also be chosen by representatives of the industry media, as part of e-mail voting, as well as by gardeners and plant lovers, as part of a plebiscite organized on Facebook and/or Instagram.
Participation in the competition is related to a wide promotion of the novelties themselves and the companies submitting it. Plant portraits along with the information about the entity submitting the plant to the competition are:
- to be published on the websites of the Polish Nurserymen Association (Związek Szkółkarzy Polskich) and the International Exhibition GREEN IS LIFE & FLOWER EXPO POLAND ONLINE, in a Virtual Guide sent to 31,000 industry recipients, in Facebook posts on the profiles of the Association and the Exhibition as well as at e-katalogroslin.pl, which was visited by over 730,000 users only in May this year,
- to be displayed on A1 posters in public areas in Warsaw from 10 until 30 September 2020,
- to be promoted in gardening magazines, also in the form of special supplements, and through social media.
Information about the awarded plants and plants with distinctions will be:
- forwarded to horticultural publishing houses in Poland: AVC, Abrys, Media Expets, Burda Media, Hortpress, Plantpress, and leading foreign media, such as DeutscheBaumschule, FloraCulture International, Floral Daily, Horti Daily,
- made available to special interest media, lifestyle media and gardening bloggers.,
- published in the Nursery Catalogue of the Polish Nurserymen Association (Związek Szkółkarzy Polskich) 2021, issued in 4,000 copies and distributed among professionals, and the silhouette of the plant awarded with a gold medal will appear on the cover.
According to the Rules attached, the following is considered as novelties: new taxa which have been put into production and/or have been available for sale in Poland for no longer than 5 years. Varieties which have already appeared in previous editions cannot participate in the competition. Detailed requirements and criteria as well as information on who can submit plants for the competition are included in the Rules.
Due to the virtual nature of the competition, photos and information about the submitted plants will be of great importance this year because on the basis of them the jury will be able to choose the winners. These materials will also be forwarded to the media and widely published on the web, and this is why minimum 5 photos in high resolution with permission for their publication together with comprehensive descriptions of plants are required.
Submission of new varieties to the Competition shall be made on the basis of the Application Form, completed separately for each variety.
Any and all formalities related to completing the Application Form, sending photos and payment for participation in the competition must be completed by 24 July 2020 by 11:59 p.m. Applications sent after this date, or incomplete, e.g. without photographic material, will be rejected.
We count on your interest in this year's Plant Novelties Competition and submitting a lot of new attractive varieties.
Polish Nurserymen Association (Związek Szkółkarzy Polskich)
and Greenery Promotion Agency (Agencja Promocji Zieleni)